Tacmina Introduces FDA Compliant Pumps
Tacmina Smoothflow Pumps have recently introduced options on field-proven pumps built with FDA compliant materials such as 316 SS wet end parts with the required surface finish, sanitary clamp fittings, and FDA compliant elastomers such as EPDM and PTFE. Manufacturers in many industries are regulated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The FDA has many guidelines, some specific to equipment used in the manufacturing and handling process for items such as pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, food and beverages.
Tacmina Smoothflow pumps have always provided industry-leading performance. The Smoothflow pumps are designed to eliminate the risk of contamination having no mechanical parts that rub against each other nor mechanical seals. Smoothflow pumps from Tacmina are diaphragm pumps which apply little or no shear to the fluid
- No risk of contamination caused by mechanical parts that rotate or rub against each other.
- No fluid leakage because these pumps have no mechanical seals are present avoiding the risk of leaking or contamination
- Since there are no mechanical parts that come into contact with each other, diaphragm pumps do not overheat or malfunction even during dry running
- Diaphragm pumps apply little or no shear to the fluid, therefore critical components are not damaged even by the most aggressive slurries.
- Unlike other pumps, diaphragm pumps never apply excessive pressure to a single location so there is no risk of fluid deterioration or characteristic changes.
- Compatible with Clean in Place (CIP) protocols, maintenance and cleaning can be performed very quickly and easily.